Thirty But Seventeen Edition - Learn Korean through K-Dramas


Thirty But Seventeen
follows Woo Seo-ri, a woman who wakes up from a 13-year coma and must adjust to life in her 30s with the heart and memories of a teenager. This drama is full of gentle humor, emotional growth, and healing—making it perfect for learning basic yet heartfelt Korean expressions related to self-discovery, change, and second chances.

🎬 Scene Context

πŸ“Ί Scene: Seo-ri sits in her old room, now dusty and frozen in time, softly talking to herself.
πŸ’¬ Tone: Quiet, emotional, and uncertain.

πŸ’¬ Featured Quote

“λ‚˜λŠ” 아직도 열일곱이야. 근데, λ‹€λ“€ λ‚˜λ₯Ό μ„œλ₯Έμ΄λΌκ³  ν•΄.”
(I'm still seventeen. But everyone says I’m thirty.)

🧠 Phrase Breakdown

KoreanEnglishNotes
λ‚˜λŠ” 아직도 열일곱이야          I'm still seventeen          “아직도” gives emotional emphasis
근데          But          Informal transition, everyday usage
λ‹€λ“€ λ‚˜λ₯Ό μ„œλ₯Έμ΄λΌκ³  ν•΄          Everyone calls me thirty          “이라고 ν•΄” means "they say / call me"

πŸ—£ Pronunciation Guide

[na-neun a-jik-do yeol-il-gop-i-ya. geun-de da-deul na-reul seo-reun-i-ra-go hae]

πŸ’‘ Practical Usage

  • λ§ˆμŒμ€ 열일곱인데, ν˜„μ‹€μ€ κ·Έλ ‡μ§€ μ•Šλ„€.
    My heart is still seventeen, but reality isn’t.
  • μ‚¬λžŒλ“€μ€ λ‚˜λ₯Ό λ‚˜μ΄λ‘œλ§Œ λ³Έλ‹€.
    People only see me by my age.
  • λ³€ν•œ 건 λ‚˜λ§Œμ΄ μ•„λ‹ˆμ—ˆκ΅¬λ‚˜.
    I wasn't the only one who changed.

🌱 Why Thirty But Seventeen Is Ideal for Learners

This drama helps learners:

  • Practice simple but emotional expressions
  • Understand how to express identity conflicts
  • Use casual tone with emotional honesty
  • Grow comfortable with reflective monologues

πŸ’¬ Final Words

Thirty But Seventeen shows us that in Korean, the simplest sentences often carry the deepest emotions.
Learning how to say “I'm still seventeen” or “I'm afraid” opens doors to expressing uncertainty, identity, and growth.
Next time, we’ll explore When the Camellia Blooms, where Korean reveals strength, love, and courage blooming in small-town life.
Aloha to growing up gently—λ‚˜λŠ” 아직도 열일곱이야. 근데, λ‹€λ“€ λ‚˜λ₯Ό μ„œλ₯Έμ΄λΌκ³  ν•΄. πŸŒΌπŸ•°️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Derpy from K-Pop Demon Hunters

Essential Korean Vocabulary for TOPIK — Learn through K-Dramas

How to Greet Naturally Like a Korean